Monday, April 7, 2008

over the river and through the woods...

Literally, that’s how we go to Nana’s house. It’s a Sunday afternoon thing to spend time with the family. The kids love playing with their cousins and catching up with their grandmother. I wouldn’t trade it for anything that money can buy.

While there, I captured several close-ups of the Gooser thrumming away on the piano, then I realized I was missing the better, big picture.

I love the intricate detail from the macro shot, but it only shares part of the story. Going wide incorporates the entire feeling of relaxing at Nana’s. The sentimentality of those sweet hands on the ivory keys holds meaning for me, but twenty years from now I'm sure the kids will want to see more.

My hope is that one day they will stumble across this random shot of being at Nana’s and be filled with thoughts of love, joy, and nostalgia.

“LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.” Psalm 16: 5-6

4 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful images of a wonderful day. I have found the same thing about my own photography; I tend to get a lot of closeups but miss the overall big picture. I'm trying to backup and take it all in. :o)

Andi said...

Love that it is NANA's house! My daughter calls my mother Nana, and hearing it makes my heart sing...what lovely words to go along with your tender shots- there will be nostalgia soon enough. My daughter is more grown up now with a life of her own and her Nana and Papa miss her SO VERY MUCH! She doesn't travel "over the river and through the woods" as often any more...Your pictures of this time with be priceless to ALL involved!

Maggie said...

Great shots - what a great way to remember such a great day!

Blessed Nest said...

what a wonderful weekend! Treasured memories!


love the Psalm too!