Wednesday, August 27, 2008

let the courses begin...

Stuffed ever so carelessly in my mailbox was the parcel I had been waiting for. As I was trying to wrestle my package free, I was immediately bombarded with questions.

"Is that for me, Momma?" cackled the Gooser at least five times from the back seat.
"No, babe," I answered.
"Is it for me?" joined in Bigness.
"It's for me," I announced, silencing the masses. "Mama's going back to school."

Sadly, I am one of "those" teachers, one of the few left on the planet who has not gotten an advanced degree. Most of my colleagues, including my 26 year old team mate, are entirely more educated (if you haven't already figured that out) than I. So, now...finally, I have found the right time and the right place to pursue more knowledge.

Because I'm not so great with multi-tasking, I've decided to start with only one class this semester, so my advisor recommended Creativity: Instructional Procedure and Problem Solving. Yeah, it sounds pretty deep to me too. Anyway, part of the course requirements is to develop a creative skill, and naturally, getting back into a regular groove again on the blog was my first thought.

But then the course syllabus goes on to say to challenge yourself and push into new territory. So, is just the blog going to be enough? I don't really know, and yes, I'm a little too chicken to ask. Therefore, to make extra sure I challenge myself, I have joined Project 365...as of today. I love taking photos, but a photo each day will be a stretch. I got the idea from the Queen Phenom of Creativity, Stephanie Roberts. I won't be any where near her level of artistry, but this definitely seems like just the right push for me. Thanks, Stephanie, for your inspiration!

Wish me luck and check out my first pic post: http://www.photoblog.com/dgirl/.

"Be strong and brave. The Lord your God will go with you. He will never leave you. He'll never desert you." Deuteronomy 31: 6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! I love your first shot. Looking forward to following your visual journey.