Monday, January 21, 2008

renewal...


Being home holds a restorative element for me. When it’s freezing (and snowing?) outside, there is nothing better than doing only what you want to do rather than what you need to do. I enjoy that kind of time at home with the kids and was extremely thankful to have an extra day to do just that.

Here are some of the things we did at home this weekend…just because we wanted to:

1. built a fort (the little one calls it a fork, and I think it’s too cute to correct)
2. made hot cocoa
3. painted picture frames
4. danced to all of the HSM and Hannah Montana songs on TV
5. read silently and aloud
6. played the catch-the-fish game about 72,000 times
7. took pictures
8. snuggled
9. colored and painted in the new coloring books (from the birthday party)
10. slept past 5:30 a.m.
11. wore pajamas past 9:00 a.m.
12. called Nana
13. played tag with Cocoa pups
14. watched it snow
15. took a nap

What healing activities did you get to do at home this weekend? Please share!

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul.” Psalms 23: 1-3 (King James Version, my favorite translation of this passage)

No comments: