Saturday, March 8, 2008

thanks, Punxsutawney...

Leave it to a burrowing varmint to accurately predict the weather. (See the reflection of the snow-covered trampoline above and magnolia tree below.)

While scurrying to my large garbage can this morning, I heard a strange sound on the metal garage door. I knew it was cold out, but this is March. My mind raced as I scampered back in to my heated home, “Surely, it’s not…it can’t be,” I thought.

I quickly rounded the corner of the kitchen, headed into the dining room, and twisted open my faux wooden blind to unveil the identity of the noise. Sleet mixed with snow. “Kids, come ‘ere! Quickly!” I immediately shouted.

Ironically, as we all we viewed the outdoor performance, I heard Minnie Mouse singing a song about the warmth of spring on Playhouse Disney.

The winter white lasted less than an hour, melting as quickly as it fell. Only the cold remains.

“I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles.” Psalms 145:5




No comments: