Sunday, September 21, 2008

it's about time...

I hope you weren't thinking that I was getting slack again with my posts. Truth be knownst, I have been up to my eyeballs in being-a-teacher work, being-a-student work and being-a-single-mommy work. Can I get a witness from the congregation?

My last two posts had a negative vibe to them, so...to stick with my positive mantra, I'm not going to dwell on those overwhelming things mentioned above. Today I just want to breathe the cool, fresh air of the first fall day, say goodbye to the sweltering days of summer, and welcome the upcoming beauty of autumn.

I also need to tell you two things. Thing One: I, hopefully, am going to begin a once-per-week series of posts starting next week. Until then the topic will be a surprise. (Yes, I already know the topic.) I've actually been thinking about doing this for a while, but I wasn't inspired to do it until today.

Thing Two: I'm posting here only once a week, but I am posting DAILY at www.photoblog.com/dgirl , and I would love to hear from you there as well. The link is also located in the Interesting Links section on the right side. The photo blog is for my masters class, which hopefully explains why I've been so busy. This blog is just for kicks, which is why it has been neglected for the last two weeks.

Okay, to end this less-than-entertaining post, I have to share with you the simple, yet powerful scripture that my pastor reminded me of last week:

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 Pray this for yourself and for our nation.

No comments: